Tuesday 9 March 2010

REVIEW: Mac costa chic lipstick

Here is my costa chic lipstick from mac:


So this lipstick I bought on new year's eve when I went up to london from selfridges mac counter. Now, I've only just got into lipsticks - before I was completely a gloss girl, still am to an extent but yeah :). This was the second lipstick I bought - I now have 4.

What mac sells it as: Colour plus texture for the lips. Stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street! What made M·A·C famous. And the colour is described as - a frosty light coral.

Price: I bought it for £12 but apparently its gone up to £12.50. ughh mac stop putting the prices up :(

My review: First thoughts this lipstick is expensive. Yes it is expensive and when your my age it is a lot to pay for a lipstick however I love the brands and quality of makeup and would not mind spending about £15 on an eyeliner so that didn't bother me that much. And I would say you definitely get what you pay for! The texture of all the mac lipsticks is so nice - creamy, soft and not drying. Exactly what you need in a lipstick! The colour comes out really well on the lips and can be made really subtle with a thin layer or very dramatic with a few layers applied. The colour itself is absolutely beautiful. It is a gorgeous orangey coral and looks absolutely stunning on all skintones. It comes out very nicely on pale skin but I think it will come into its own when worn with a tan - will definitely be featuring in my summer makeup! It can be matched with most things on the eyes and I've found it works particularly with a neutral and brown based shadows. However it could be used with a black smokey eye to create a really dramatic nighttime effect. I consider it the best lipstick i own (others I have include mac's cosmo and sandy d) and I think i will use it alot in the summer. Also, I wore it on my first date with my last boyfriend - and lets just say it worked ;).

Would I buy again - most definitely yes. Havent found this colour anywhere else. absolutely beautiful.

Thankyou for reading :) if you have anything you would like me to review leave me a comment and i'll see if i have it :D

hope your having a good week

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment